An estimated 1.2 million Hispanics of Colombian beginning lived in the United States in 2017, based on a Pew Research Center analysis associated with U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s United states Community Survey. Colombians in this profile that is statistical individuals who self-identified as Hispanics of Colombian beginning; this can include immigrants from Colombia and the ones whom trace their family ancestry to Colombia.
Colombians will be the seventh-largest populace of Hispanic origin located in the usa, accounting for just two% of this U.S. Hispanic population in 2017. Since 2000, the Colombian-origin population has increased 148%, growing from 502,000 to 1.2 million within the duration. At precisely the same time, the Colombian foreign-born populace residing in the U.S. expanded by 99%, from 383,000 in 2000 to 763,000 in 2017. In contrast, Mexicans, the nationвЂ™s largest Hispanic origin team, constituted 36.6 million, or 62%, regarding the Hispanic populace in 2017.
Colombian-origin population within the U.S., 2000-2017
|Foreign born||U.S. born|
Pew Analysis Center
Listed here key points compare demographic and financial traits for the population that is colombian-origin the U.S. utilizing the faculties of U.S. Hispanics as well as the U.S. population overall. It really is centered on Pew analysis Center tabulations associated with 2017 United states Community Survey. Key points consist of:
- Among Hispanics when you look at the U.S., about 33% are international born, weighed against 61% of U.S. Colombians.
- About 43percent of foreign-born Colombians are typically in the U.S. for over twenty years, and 60% of foreign-born Colombians are U.S. residents.
- About 16% of U.S. Hispanics many years 25 and older have acquired at the least a degree that is bachelorвЂ™s in contrast to 33% of Colombians.
- Among Colombians many years 25 and older, the U.S. born tend to be more most likely compared to the international born to have bachelorвЂ™s level or higher (42% vs. 30%).
- Among U.S. Hispanics, the median yearly personal profits for many ages 16 and older ended up being $25,000, in contrast to $28,600 for Colombians.
- Taking a look at full-time, year-round employees, U.S. Hispanics attained lower than Colombians ($34,000 vs. $40,000).
- The share of U.S. Hispanics who are now living in poverty (19%) is more than among Colombians (11%).
- About 10% of U.S.-born Colombians are now living in poverty, as do 12% of foreign-born Colombians.
- The price of homeownership among U.S. Hispanics (47%) is comparable to the rate for Colombians (48%).
- Among Colombians into the U.S., prices of homeownership are reduced for the U.S. born than foreign created (48% vs. 49%).
Top states of residence
- The Colombian populace is focused in Florida (31%), ny (14%) and nj-new jersey (12%).
- The age that is median of Hispanics (29) is leaner than that of Colombians (37) as well as the U.S. populace (38).
- U.S. Hispanics many years 18 and older are less inclined to be hitched (46%) than Colombians (50%).
- Among Colombians many years 18 and older, those people who are international created are more inclined to be hitched compared to the U.S. born (56% vs. 36%).
- About 7% of U.S. women that are hispanic 15 to 44 gave delivery into the one year before the July 2017 United states Community Survey. The price for Colombian ladies ended up being 5%.
- About 70% of U.S. Hispanics many years 5 and older talk only English in the home or talk English at the least вЂњvery well,вЂќ contrasted with 62% of Colombians.
- Similarly, 64% of Hispanic grownups are English proficient, since are 57% of Colombian grownups.
Down load the info
Other U.S. fact that is hispanic
- Facts on U.S. Latinos
- Origin fact that is group-specific:
Pew Research CenterвЂ™s reality sheets on U.S. Latinos and the accompanying we blog post examine the Latino populace associated with the United States general and also by its 15 biggest origin groups вЂ” Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Salvadorans, Cubans, Dominicans, Guatemalans, Colombians, Hondurans, Spaniards, Ecuadorians, Peruvians, Nicaraguans, Venezuelans, Argentines and Panamanians. These sheets offer detailed geographical, demographic and financial faculties for all Latinos as well as for each Latino origin team. These are typically predicated on Pew analysis Center tabulations for the U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s 2010, 2015 and 2017 United states Community Survey (ACS) and also the 2000 https://interracial-dating.net/interracialcupid-review/ U.S. census that is decennial.
The ACS may be the household survey that is largest in america, with an example greater than 3 million details. It covers the subjects formerly covered within the long as a type of the census that is decennial. The ACS was created to offer quotes associated with size and traits associated with population that is resident which include people staying in households and team quarters. For lots more information regarding the ACS, like the sampling strategy and connected error, start to see the 2010, 2015 or 2017 American Community SurveyвЂ™s Accuracy Statement provided by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The precise data sources for those fact sheets would be the 1% examples of the 2010, 2015 and 2017 United states Community Survey (ACS) Integrated Public Use Microdata Series (IPUMS) given by the University of Minnesota as well as the 5% test of this 2000 census that is decennial. IPUMS assigns uniform codes, towards the degree feasible, to data gathered because of the census that is decennial the ACS from 1850 to 2017. To learn more about IPUMS, including definition that is variable sampling error, please go to the вЂњIPUMS Documentation and consumer Guide.вЂќ
Because of variations in the method by which IPUMS and Census Bureau adjust income data and designate poverty status, data supplied on these subjects might change from information which are supplied by the Census Bureau.